Or at least puts a band-aid on them. I can now think of Dusty without my heart literally aching. I don't lose my breath every time I see him anymore. But, I still hurt from what he's done. There will always be a scar on my heart from him.
These past few days I have been angry. I didn't want him to leave us, but he did, and now I am left sweeping up the pieces. IT'S NOT FAIR!! I don't care if 50% of marriages end in divorce, it doesn't make it right. Statistics mean shit to me. Did you know that there are only 7,000 venomous snake bites in America per year? There are more than 300 million people in the U.S., and I am one of the 7,000 that get bit by a snake. Obviously, statistics are not in my favor.
Every day is a new day, and every step forward is one more step in my path to healing. A super-wise friend of mine, who has been one of the greatest supports through all of this, told me this - "You will have your days but as long as you are moving forward and healing then you will get there."
You know what the unfortunate part is? That you don't want it to be *time* that heals all wounds. You want a quick fix, an easy answer. Something that will make you feel better in less than a years time. But hang in there, keep going, keep moving and keep praying. Still praying for you, girl.
ReplyDelete