Friday, December 9, 2011

Many hats...

I can't remember how the quote goes, exactly, but there was an episode of SATC in which Carrie said something along the lines of the best way to get your mind off of a man, is to start a project (and then she painting her kitchen).

In my case, I have created projects - or "phases" as I refer to them - to get my mind off of lack of a man.

In the past year, I have wanted to remodel a house, party like it's 1999, become an extreme couponer, have a clean and organized home, be a budget-friendly fashionista, cook and freeze meals for the month, become a DIY-pro, and most recently - start a healthy lifestyle.


At first, these obsessions seem quite random to me, but then further thought had me realize that they are just steps to self-discovery. Through these different tasks, I am finding out what I enjoy, what I am good at (and not so good at), what relaxes me, and what stresses me out.


It's great being able to focus on myself, and my daughter, and how to better our life. For so long, my main concentration was D. I forgot who I was and what I enjoyed, in hopes to make him happy. But now, I am rediscovering myself, and having fun at the same time. And I am finally (and obsessively) reading the Harry Potter series - and I LOVE it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment