Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer o' Fun

I started this blog a month before Piper turned 1, and she's now almost 3 1/2. If you're reading this, you know what a whirlwind of a journey it has been for me.




Piper during one of our many beach trips.

At first, I wanted to use this blog to document my daughter's cuteness. It then progressed into an outlet for me during my divorce. And then, I had every intention to use it as a diary for my house make-over. Considering I've only shown you one room so far, it's safe to say that I have failed at that goal. But, to my defense it is the only room that is blog-worthy and we are making progress, and hopefully I will return to showing the strides we have made soon.

But, for now, I want to share what an awesome summer I've had. My friend and I refer to it as the "summer o' fun." However, it wasn't all fun. At the beginning of the summer, I went through some difficult things, but am better now because of them. My 10-year high school reunion was at the end of June, and I reunited with some friends - and made new friends - that have brightened my life. They are the type of friends that sitcoms are based on. And I am so lucky that I can call them my friends. (Wow, that sounded right out of a Disney made-for-t.v. movie.)



The only picture I got at the reunion. Wine may have been a factor.

I use to be such a planner. I had to know who, what, when, where and why. And if I began running more than 10 minutes late, I was at the risk of a stroke. I didn't like spontaneity. Sometimes, I would plan my day by the hour. No lie. Some may even say OCD or Anal Retentive, and both are close to accurate.

This summer, I have learned to not make plans. Don't get me wrong, I understand that some plans are good and necessary, but as far as "what are you going to do this weekend?," my answer has been, "I don't know, I'll just play it by ear."


July 4th festivities = Fun.





Watching a dodgeball tournament in the extreme HEAT. But still had a blast.





Celebrating a friend's birthday in Houston.


Enjoying yummy Peach Chardonnay at a wine bar.

There are more unfinished projects at my house than I can count. The laundry fairy often passes my house - probably because the dish fairy told her to. And all the toys are never put up at the same time. But it's OK. It's OK because no one ever says on her deathbed, "I wish I would've done the dishes more." And I'd rather have the memories that I gained this summer than the memory of folding laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment