Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My everything

I love my daughter more than I can ever describe. If I didn't have her, I wouldn't have anything. I need Piper more than she needs me. On days that I don't want to get out of bed, she doesn't let me. Literally - she will scream at me until I get out of bed. She never says no to a hug from mommy, and every time it warms my soul.

I should be so proud of myself for being a single, working mom, providing a life for my daughter and myself, but instead I am scared to death. There are times that I am paralyzed by fear. I recently made a pretty important life decision (I don't want to discuss it because I'm afraid I'll jinx it and I'm weird like that), and instead of feeling excited, I am in tears. Loneliness and despair have been all around me, while confidence and strength sit on the sideline. And it's hard to get past the negativity at times, but she reminds me of all I have to be thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment