I have been thrown into this whole new realm called "dating." And I hate it. In theory, I think it's great - getting dressed up, waiting anxiously for your date to arrive, then making him wait until you are ready to go, going to dinner and a movie, the romantic first kiss...but let's be real, how often do dates really happen like that??
I didn't date that much in high school, and then Dusty and I began our relationship during my freshman year of college, so it would be safe to call me a dating rookie.
I hate the games...girl meets boy, boy and girl flirt, girl and boy exchange numbers, girl hopes boy will call, girl obsessively checks phone, text, email...And when boy finally calls, girl doesn't say what she wants to say, she says what boy wants to hear. And 99% of the time, boy is doing the same.
I don't do the games - I don't have the time, know-how or energy - and it may be my downfall or it could be my betterment. I am who I am - smart, honest, spastic, single-mom, great friend, bad cook, scorned but ready to trust again - and I know there is a perfect fit for me out there somewhere...
Be patient. Be honest. Be yourself. Can't go wrong. Miss you!
ReplyDelete