Monday, December 27, 2010

The First Noel

Well, it was the first Christmas since my divorce, at least. It was a tough week. I shed some tears, had some anxiety and overall worried about the day. It would be the first year of many that involved switching houses and juggling different family functions. I can't help but think of that scene in Talladega Nights, when after finding out about their parents' divorce, the boys say "Yay! Two Christmases!"

I went to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at the church I grew up in, and it wasn't until about half-way through that I realized it was also the church I was married in. Cue the tears. Amidst my sorrow, I felt like I was suppose to be there. I sat next to my High School Sunday School teacher, and we briefly talked about my situation (i.e. divorce), and he reminded me that his first marriage didn't work out, but he "got lucky - no blessed- the second time." These words hung over my head all night. It was so reassuring to be reminded that I will be "blessed" with the perfect mate one day. I see how happy he and his wife are together and see how their daughters - I once babysat - have turned into beautiful, Christian young women. The peace I received from that conversation may have been the best Christmas present of the year, even better than my iPhone*!

Piper had a great Christmas, she received so many great gifts from all of her extended family. And most importantly, she was showered with love and hugs.






*I haven't had a new phone in 4 years, so I am more than excited about my iPhone!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Christmas went well for you! I LOOOVVE my iphone! Now we can play each other in 'words with friends'!

    ReplyDelete