Since Dusty left me, I wanted to be able to wish him happiness and mean it. Because when you truly love someone, you want them to be happy. The initial shock and pain from his decisions hindered me from being able to see past the anger, jealousy and revenge I was feeling. Today, however, I told him that if all the pain I have experienced means he gets to be happy, then it makes a little more bearable - and I meant it. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it.
I sometimes fight depression, thinking that I have been left with nothing. My ex-husband left me and my daughter with nothing. He has everything - a new girlfriend, a new life, a new home, no responsibilities - and we have nothing. But, last night I realized I do have everything. I have my daughter, who is everything to me. I have a good job with benefits. I have an education (from the best school in the country, may I add - Boomer Sooners!). We live in a house that we can call our own, and we have food on the table every night. I have a supportive, wonderful family, and I couldn't ask for better friends. So, the lemons aren't so sour anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment