This was the phrase of the day last Saturday while I was in Norman for the Sooners game.
And. it. was. AWESOME!





I had such a great time, catching up with my roommates and old friends from college. I loved seeing so much Crimson and Cream and fellow Sooner fans, which we all know is a rarity in south Texas. Driving through the streets of Norman brought back so many great memories of the carefree days of college. Before marriage, divorce, child, and career. I am so thankful I had such a great college experience - it helped make me who I am today.
The drive home was a time of reflection, as well. Eight hours in a car by myself gave me a lot of time to think. I thought about how many times I made that 500-mile drive to see Dusty. The butterflies and excitement that multiplied with each mile. I also thought about my next relationship and how it is going to be. How difficult it is going to be for me to trust again, to tear down the wall that I have quickly built. How much self-discovery I have left. It scares me and brings tears to my eyes. I was so blissfully ignorant in my relationship with Dusty - I trusted everything he did and said. Will I ever be able to faithfully trust again? I hope so.
No comments:
Post a Comment