I realize that I haven't blogged in a while. These days, I barely know what day of the week it is. Getting a divorce is stressful. Selling a house is stressful. Moving is stressful. Raising a two-year-old alone is stressful. Being in the middle of the busiest month at my job is stressful. And all of these at one time is a recipe for the perfect storm.
Some days are worse than others. There are nights that I don't sleep. Sometimes I forget to eat. My heart feels like it is about to jump out of my chest because of anxiety on occasion. And then there are those few good days that help keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. I am not one of those people that are "lucky." I use that term loosely because I am not a superstitious person, but I do think that there are those people that things just "happen" for them. I, for the most part, am not one of those people, but there are few things that have happened lately that I am very thankful for.
Since January, my world has slowly crumbled, and was completely crushed in March. And, then, those crumbs were further grounded into dust a few weeks ago. How can four months go by so slowly, yet fly by?
Anyhow, we put our house on the market at the end of March and it was sold by April 30. We're closing next week, and I found an affordable, cute little rent house (thanks to knowing the right people, Missy) that will be ready at the same time as when we need to be out. I am so thankful that all of this fell into place for me. At times, I feel unworthy of being so fortunate, but I believe the Good Lord is looking out for me during this hard time in my life.
Last year on the Memorial Day weekend, we took our first and only family vacation. And this year, we are getting a divorce and moving out of our first home into separate places. It's amazing what can happen in a year.
It's crazy what can happen in a year...you are so right! I am so sorry for all that you are going through. All I can say that I think you are hugely blessed with a beautiful daughter, family close who love you and you can lean on, and to serve a God who is carrying you through all of this. I'll keep praying for you guys and just stay strong...
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and sending lots of hugs and prayers. I think someday you will look back at this time and realize how strong you are, even if you don't see it or feel it now. And God is definitely carrying you -- what wonderful news about your house selling quickly and finding a place to rent. Where will you be?
ReplyDelete