Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Family Vacation

Dusty, Piper and I took our first vacation as a family over Memorial Day weekend. We went to New Braunfels and the surrounding areas. I was so excited about this "mini-cation" that for the week prior, I think I told everyone that I came in contact with that I was going on vacation. I know New Braunfels isn't that far away and may not be considered a "vacation" to some, but for us, it was definitely a nice getaway.

Who knew that a suitcase could be a toy?


Our first stop on the vacation was the outlet mall in San Marcos. I couldn't have asked for Piper to be better for me. We shopped till we dropped. I love outlet shopping.


After shopping, Piper enjoyed watching Spongebob Squarepants in the hotel room.


I wanted to go to Gruene more than anything. It was actually the whole motivation for the trip. I have read about this cute little town, but I have never visited there. It was such a neat place. I underestimated the holiday crowd, though, and this caused me some stress at times. But overall, it was a good time.

We got ice cream at the Gruene General Store.

Took a look around Gruene Hall.


Piper even danced in Gruene Hall

We ate at the Gruene River Grill


On our last day, we went to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. Piper was looking sleepy before we got there, so we decided to give her some chocolate to give her some energy.

I guess she didn't get along with the goat in the petting barn.

The M&M sugar high didn't last too long because she fell asleep right before we began our drive through of the ranch, and stayed asleep until we left.

But Dusty and I enjoyed seeing all the animals up close and personal. I won't bore you with all the pictures we took of the animals, but here are a few to show how close they get to your car.

I would have to say that our first family vacation was a success. There were no major catastrophes, everyone came home with no injuries or illnesses and we definitely made some memories. I look forward to many more family vacations!

2 comments:

  1. your trip sounds awesome!! i'm so impressed that piper let you shop all day long. ella starts to get to the point where if i even step into a store with clothes hanging from racks, she starts whining!! :) I don't know whose kid she is!

    i love all of your pictures! welcome back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia! I just came across your blog and your daughter is adorable! It looks like all three of you are doing well! It has been a long time, but I'm glad everything is great with you guys!

    ReplyDelete