Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Love

As of late, I have wondered why anyone would love me. How could anyone love me? I am clumsy, I often put my foot in my mouth, I over-think, I embarrass easily, I have frizzy hair, I am uptight, and I do not handle conflict well. I am always late, forgetful and disorganized. I fail at my duties as a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, christian and employee daily.
And then I see this.

My love for her will never cease. Never. She may run away when she's seven because I won't let her go to a sleepover. She may hate me in her teenage years and wish I wasn't her mother. But I will never stop loving her.

The joy she brings to my life in unexplainable.

Her sweet laugh can bring tears of joy to my eyes.

When I hold her, I hold something I created. I have the scar to prove it, and my body will never be the same, but I don't care.

And when she hugs me, it reminds me that she loves me.

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Tricia! Have this printed as a little book for both you and Piper to treasure always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! You are utterly lovable and have created a beautiful, perfect, LOVABLE little girl as well! Can't wait to have our girl's dinner after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tricia that brought tears to my eyes. piper is so lucky to have a mother who loves her like you do. when the world may fail her, her mother never will. it is a mother's job to love and nurture and you do a wonderful job of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, Tricia. You are too hard on yourself. And besides, everybody in this area has frizzy hair. :)

    ReplyDelete