I hate the day after Christmas. Just like I hate the day after my birthday. I love the Christmas season, including the over-played Christmas tunes on the radio, the colors, the scents and the overall warm-fuzzy feeling that appears between black Friday until New Year's day. But the day after Christmas is so depressing to me. Always has been. Well, except for all the sales. All of the excitement and joy seems to end abruptly on this day. And it's another 364 days until it returns. Christmas decorations are stored away, the living room is a little less bright and it will be another 11 months before I will hear "Jingle Bells."
For reasons I would rather not discuss on the world wide web, this has been a tough Christmas. I've had more tears than laughter. More loneliness than family togetherness. But, my little angel keeps me going. The look of joy on her face is priceless to me.




I hear you on the depressing part. I get depressed that night when I go to sleep. It's then I realize it's all over and people will go back to hating each other again.
ReplyDeleteDo I need to bring my autoharp over to your house, too? Just say the word and I'll be there. I guess I'm just weird -- I finally feel relaxed after Christmas instead of depressed like I always do during those weeks that you're happy!
ReplyDeletethese pictures make me cry and then they make me mad. look at her precious little face. she was so innocent. i'm sorry that life took you down this path, but I know God's plan for you is great. Piper could not be luckier to have such a wonderful mom. You are so strong. Piper is so strong. I wonder where she picked that up.....keep calm and carry on.
ReplyDelete