Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Horrible, very bad, no good day

When Dusty and I were first dating, we would go "mud-hogging" (or whatever you want to call it) in his Wrangler. 9 out of 10 times, he would get stuck in the mud, or the sand, or the ditch. I learned the meaning of "ruts."

That's what today was.

One big rut.

It was an embarrassing moment after getting my foot out of my mouth and then my blood pressure rising because I was replaying all of my "wish I could do that over again" moments of the day.

If I wasn't so hard on myself, I might replay those moments for you, so I could feel better. But I'm not going to. Just tell me that everyone has those days and that tomorrow, it will be someone else's day.

I will say that I had a great evening playing with Piper. It's rare that I get to sit on the floor and just play with my daughter after work. And today was a good day to have that evening, because I know she doesn't judge me (yet). I decided to get take-out for dinner tonight, and it was so nice not cooking and then cleaning up the mess.

She was playing in her room, and this is what I found...

3 comments:

  1. That is still one of my favorite things...to find my kids doing their thing. And when they are that little...don't you just want to know what their thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope today is better than yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, yes. We all have those days. At least you got to wrap it up by spending the evening with your cute little cowgirl. :)

    ReplyDelete