Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Away in a manger

"While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn."
Luke 2: 6-7

I want some new boots. Expensive boots. Boots that I know I don't need because I have so many shoes in my closet that I can't even see the floor. But, sometimes I get jealous because I do not have the means to buy whatever I want whenever I want.

And then it hits me. My family has more clothes, shoes, food, and stuff than we know what to do with. And there are children in the same town as I live that will not have anything to open on Christmas morning.

1 comment:

  1. Yep. That's been really hitting me in the gut too. And shoes -- I HATE SHOES! I only buy cheap shoes because they never look good on me or with any of my clothes. Yet I have roughly 5000 pairs of shoes in my closet, mostly collecting dust and spiders.

    I don't think any children would be excited to unwrap a pair of my shoes on Christmas morning, but a mom might. Thanks for inspiring me to get in my closet and bag them up for the St. Thomas resale shop.

    ReplyDelete