Piper will be 21 months tomorrow, and up until this past week, she hasn't said many words. I'm not saying she doesn't mumble and talk in her own language, but she has said very few words that we can understand - "juice," "mama," "this." This worries me. I have asked the doctor about it, and she assured me that as long as she saying a few phrases by age 2, we should be fine. And I also must not negate the fact that Piper has very good fine motor skills, and she understands what we are saying and has her way of telling us what she wants. Like when she wants me to lie on the floor with her, she will pull me until I do so.
Well, this weekend, she said the phrase "I'll be right back." Music to her mother's ears. And then overnight, she's saying "tree" and points to every Christmas tree she sees or "man" for snowman. Her communication skills have improved dramatically. It is so rewarding!
go pipes!! to this day, ella says something and i am STILL amazed that she can say it! i keep wondering if you ever get used to your child growing up or if they'll just always amaze you.
ReplyDeletejust try not to teach your daughter any bad words, like i did (unintentionally, albeit). :)
Stay positive. She'll be talking up a storm to you in no time and then you'll be wondering where the quiet times went.
ReplyDelete