A little bit of a back story: every year at this time my work participates in a huge conference/exhibition in New Orleans. And I get to go and be on my feet for 18 hours a day, but the food in New Orleans is sooo good, I don't mind it. Last year was the first time I went after having Piper, she was only 7 months old, and I survived. The house was a wreak and Dusty used dirty bottles to feed her, but overall, I survived.
This year: I left Tuesday at 6 a.m for New Orleans and returned Thursday night around 10 p.m. Dusty called me on Wednesday to let me know that our A.C. wasn't working. Great. And then by Thursday, he was running a fever and sick. Even better. Thankfully he and Piper were able to stay with his mom. But, I got to come home to a hot, humid house and a sick husband. Awesome. And then I had to be at work Friday morning. Wonderful.
Thank God I had a long weekend.
We did get our A.C. repaired on Friday.
On Saturday, Piper and I went to the mall, ate pizza and went to the park. Then we went to her cousin Wade's 2nd Birthday Party. She had so much fun. There was the Big Bouncy Bus, a moon walk and cake!


After the birthday party, my dad was kind enough to take us to the fair for a couple of hours. It was also the last day of the fair, and for aforementioned reasons, it was the only chance I had to take Piper. This was her first year she was able to ride rides. I think she had a good time. She loved watching all the people more than anything. And, she loved the funnel cake!
Sunday, we went to church and relaxed for the day.I was off on Monday, and took the day to catch up on laundry and housework. But first, since it was somewhat cool, scratch that, it wasn't in the triple digits, I took Piper back to the Pumpkin Patch. Still not much luck in getting her to hand over the sippy cup.



I took her to day care so I could run to Wal Mart and clean the house, which I did. At her school, they have their own Pumpkin Patch, and they asked that each child bring a pumpkin. Here is Piper contributing.
I love my days off. I love the fall. I love my daughter and husband. Regardless of sick husbands, broken A.C.'s, dirty houses and lack of sleep, life is good.
your last sentence completely sums it up!
ReplyDeleteBTW- I totally missed this post. Sorry for the delay in commenting!
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm glad you are home safe and they survived without you. She looks so cute at the pumpkin patch!
ps- I miss the fair :(