Monday, July 27, 2009

Party like it's 1999

Being a working mom, I really don't get out much, so this weekend was a real treat for me. First, Dusty and I went to the Mosquito Festival on Friday night to see one of my favorite country singers, Jason Boland. And he put on an AWESOME show.

What you are about to see is rare --- a photo of Dusty and me --- together!! I figured out the "timer" function on my camera not too long ago, hence the reason Dusty's head is cut off. But that's OK, I'll take it.


I never thought my husband would want a pair of cowboy boots, but I'm glad he did. They are quite amazing...


Had to take a picture of me and my little one before taking her to Nonnie's for the night. (Aladdin must have been on - look at her distracted face).


This weekend was also Dusty's 10-year high school reunion.

Saturday started out with a family picnic.


And then we had a dinner that evening. I was kind of nervous; I graduated two years after Dusty, so while I knew who is classmates were, I didn't acquaint myself with them too much in school. I mean two years is long time in high school years and I was shy. But the night turned out to be so much fun.

(I stole the following pictures off of Facebook, because I forgot to take any of us.)








After having such a blast, I'm even looking forward to my 10-year reunion in two years!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, first, I love your tagline,"one clueless mom, etc" so cute! haha! I think you should frame that pic of you and Dusty at the reunion. It turned out really cute! Of course I want to start messing with it on photoshop...I really have a problem!

    I love Piper's eyes. They are really pretty.

    I wonder what our reunion will be like. I'm already nervous about it. I'll be fine at Ryan's since I don't know anyone...but ours...oh wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, only TWO YEARS until our reunion? Wow. Looks like y'all had a great time at Dusty's, and you looked fantastic! I love your turquoise necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome pictures! i'm glad you guys had fun at the mosquito festival! you can't get me near that thing :) and i can't believe dusty is wearing cowboy boots!

    ReplyDelete