Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful

I am so thankful for her.





She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am a better person since becoming her mother.





I am thankful for her smile, for how she whispers "I love you to the moon and back" in my ear. I am thankful she's healthy. I am thankful for her sweet hugs and kisses and how she gets upset if I forget to give her one more hug and sugar before I leave her at day care. I am thankful that she knows I am her mommy. I am thankful for her bravery and how she has handled the divorce - and going to her daddy's house every first, third and fifth weekend - with grace, more grace than I. I am thankful for a life I didn't know was possible, a life full of giggles, arts and crafts, coloring books, dress-up, dolls, hope and most of all, love.

1 comment:

  1. she's such a wonderful little girl. i love it every time i get to see her. she always puts a smile on my face. her innocence and her genuine loving spirit make her so special.

    sadie just saw these pictures of piper and said "puppa-lay" :)

    ReplyDelete