Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Update

Here is a quick update of what has been going on in my little world:

Piper - Two words: POTTY TRAINED! Woot!! I was beginning to feel pressure from society that she was three years old and not potty-trained. On the other hand, I had very wise parents telling me that she will learn in her own time. And she did. Piper has been through a lot of change in the last year. We have moved twice and her parents got a divorce. I didn't force potty training, and with the help of the village that raises her, she got it. And it is so exciting.

I still can't believe she's three years old. I look at her and I watch as she learns and grows and thinks, and I get tears every time. She is growing up so fast, and I just want to hold onto her as long as I can. I savor every single hug from her, and I am constantly thanking the Good Lord for blessing me with such an amazing child.

The House - Still under construction, but we are getting there. Let me refer to the title of my blog - How do you eat an elephant? Answer - One bite at a time. I get overwhelmed at times, and I have to remember to breath and take one project at a time. I will post pictures and updates soon, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. way to go piper! i'm a big proponent on letting the kids tell you when THEY are ready for the milestones. :)

    it was great seeing you guys too and it was nice to meet the new boy. he seems like a really great person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me so happy. :) Can't wait to hear more about everything (including the cute story... I love cute stories!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a new boy!!! How exciting! I can't wait for the story either ;)

    ReplyDelete