Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My plan vs. God's plan

I was suppose to pregnant with our second child by now. He or she was going to be born on 10-10-10, because having a c-section gives one that luxury. We were going to be in a bigger house before the new arrival, so we could have room for all of Dusty's computer stuff and the new baby.

I had it all planned out - a time-table written down to the minute. Hell, I even had an Excel spreadsheet titled "five year plan" for our finances. It was going to all work out so well.

Then life happened. Divorce happened.

Instead of moving to a bigger place, me and my daughter moved to a smaller rent house and simplified. The move has helped humble me and learn the real value in my stuff. Part of me has enjoyed cutting off the excess fat, like having one set of plates instead of three, but another part misses how things use to be. I have also enjoyed decorating my place the way I want to. I have never lived on my own - I went from two roommates in college to living with a husband. There's lots of flowers, reds and pinks in our place!

I find myself drifting off in my old habits sometimes, and I begin to think of a timeline for the next five years of my life. And I have to stop myself from doing this, because it's not about my plan, it's about His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment