Friday, August 13, 2010
Mommyhood
Piper fell asleep on the couch last night, and as I scooped her up in my arms to carry her to bed, she said "mommy...mommy..." in her sleep. I don't know what it was about that moment, but I started thinking about how much my daughter depends on me. I am responsible for this precious, perfect child. If she bumps her knee, Mommy can fix it with a band-aid and a kiss. When she is hungry or thirsty, she asks me for a "Dora snack" or "purple juice" and she is always satisfied. When a boy will break her heart, she will most likely cry on my shoulder, and I am suppose to have words of wisdom to comfort her. She depends on me for everything, and she has no clue that I am scared out of my mind most of the time that I am doing something wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment