One-year. Not much hair. Not much to tell.

It wasn't until I was about 2 or so did the curls really come in. Here is a picture of me, practicing my domestic duties, at age 3.

For elementary school, I mainly grew out my hair. This is mostly likely due to the fact that my mother, with her straight hair, was pretty clueless when it came to my curls. Age 6.

Then there was middle school. Awful, what-the-heck-was-I-thinking middle school. It was in the era where the "Rachel" and the movie "Clueless" was all the rage. I'll leave it at that. And there are other pictures of me from this time period, but this is what I could find in a pinch. Sorry, Laura. I think this was from the 7th or 8th grade science fair.
High school was a series of grow - straight - curly - cut - grow - straight - curly. Then, my senior year, I got the idea to go with the Keri Russel, cut-it-short hair cut. I only thought I didn't know what I was thinking in middle school.
Then came college. Again, with the same grow - curly - cut - straight cycle mirrored in my high school days. By the end of my time at OU, I had cut my hair short, was highlighting it and straightening it. My boyfriend lived 500 miles away and I didn't go out much - all I had was time.
Here is Dusty and I the night we got engaged in 2004 -
Though this look was nice, it was a lot of work. And after getting married, I got lazy. Therefore, I went back to my curly roots.
This is from 2007. (I think)

Since then, I have let my hair grow-grow-grow. Mostly because I am too busy to think about my hair. I have learned that curly is beautiful (though a curse at times, especially when it's humid outside. And I am still looking for a curly-anonymous group.)
This is at my baby shower in Feb. 2008 -


And this was at Piper's first birthday party March 2009. Prenatal vitamins made my hair grow like crazy!! -
I want to see an "after" picture.
ReplyDeleteUmmm...a little speechless that you put that pic of the corner of me in....hahahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteI loved your high school hair! It was so unique and querky just like you! There are very few people that have a big personality to fill big hair!
I totally identify with having a straight-haired mom who had no idea what to do with a curly haired daughter! I know that my hair journey pictures are FAR more humiliating than yours... it was a rough 17 years, hair-wise, before I started to figure things out.
ReplyDelete