Tuesday, August 18, 2009

RIP Jon

Jon was my husband's best friend. As an outsider, looking at their friendship, I was envious. They could pick up after not talking for months like no time had passed. They were like brothers. Jon got Dusty out of a lot of trouble, but also got him into a lot of trouble. They would drop anything to help one another. It was eerie how much they thought alike. I don't think I ever saw them mad at each other. Dusty could drive with his eyes closed through Houston Traffic as long as Jon was his copilot. His laugh was infectious - I could never be upset around him. I wouldn't be married to Dusty if it wasn't for Jon.



Thanks to Paige for posting photos on Facebook and letting us all take a trip down memory lane with our great friend.

An old, old picture of Dusty and Jon -








Dusty's favorite -



He was Dusty's best man -


I wish I could find the words to comfort my husband in such a trying time, but I can't. I just pray for peace for him and all of us that will miss Jon dearly. I know I am a better person for knowing Jon and I wish I could have a fraction his carefree spirit.

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking and praying for Jon's family and all the 'boys' since I heard. I hope you guys are all doing alright. Love ya'll. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, i say that josh and i wouldn't be married if it wasn't for jon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon seems like the kind of person who quickly and completely worked himself into the souls of everyone around him. He'll always be a part of Dusty. Please give Dusty another hug for me until I see him and can give him one myself.

    ReplyDelete