
Though my time with Piper was fun and very much needed, today, I dropped her off with her grandparents and headed to Pearland to do some shopping. While driving, one of my favorite songs came on, John Waller's "While I'm Waiting" It is very fitting for the place I am in right now. I've heard the song many times, but a certain line caught my attention in a new way. "I am waiting on you Lord/Though it is painful/But patiently, I will wait" I am so glad I worship a God that I can admit when it is painful to wait on Him. Being able to say, "OK, God, I'll wait" is such a hard thing to say, and something I am working on. But, I digress.
Back to the shopping. My main goal was to find a dress for Dusty's 10 year HS reunion next month. Very hot outside + lots of sweets this week = no luck finding anything. (If anyone has suggestions, please share). But, I did pick up some neat things while I was out. First, Dusty's Father's Day gift was finished. We went to the Firehouse Pottery in Pearland last week, and made him this bowl to keep his keys and other stuff. Piper wasn't sure what to do with the paint on her hands, hence the smears, but I think the imperfections are perfect:

Next, I went to Michaels looking for a shadow box for the scrub hat Dusty wore when Piper was born. And to my excitement, shadow boxes were 40% off. Since I had a c-section, Dusty had to wear scrubs, and when they pulled her out he was there to capture her foot prints. This hat has been sitting on our dresser for 15 months, and I just got the idea to put it in a shadow box (who says pregnancy brain ever goes away):


those are the coolest father's day gifts! and don't worry, i still have all of my hospital stuff, like ella's medical bracelets and things stuffed in a basket in the top of her closet. i'll get to them one day.... :)
ReplyDeleteand for dresses...i love the limited's dresses. that's usually where i have the most luck, but since you were in pearland, i assume you probably looked there already.
and if i'm feeling like going on an extreme splurge, i will go to the betsey johnson store in the galleria. i've actually only bought one dress there, but it was five years ago and i still wear it on occasion. so, i can justify it!!
I didn't know the rec center has a pool...how fun! I LOVE dresses, and I found some cute ones last time I was home. I actually I found them at Marshall's and Stein Mart. I also found a cute dress at old navy that I still wear. I don't always shop cheap, but when you find cute stuff, why not?!
ReplyDeleteAwesome idea for the scrub hat! I guess I could fold up the scrub shirt Jeff had on with all of ours...all 3 planted their feet on his chest! Good days...
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, the hospital cap is the coolest Fathers Day gift ever -- I love it! Second, oh my gosh, how is it already time for Dusty's ten year reunion??? And third, the picture of you and Piper in the pool makes me very jealous. I wish I was in a swimming pool right now! :)
ReplyDelete