
I was scheduled for induction at 38 weeks. Two weeks prior, I started experiencing some difficulties, including high blood pressure and I was put on strict bed rest. After two weeks of ultrasounds, non-stress tests, and other unpleasant tests, it was decided it was best to induce me at 38 weeks.
On March 11, 2008, Dusty and I were at the hospital before the sun was even up. I was strapped in, given pitocin, my water was broken and I was settled in for the day. I was progressing fine and everything looked great until it wasn't. Thankfully, I opted for the epidural early, but I stopped progressing at around 6 cm, and this caused concern for my doctor.
I was given the choice to have a c-section, and took it. It was the first surgery I ever had, besides the removal of my wisdom-teeth, and it was frightening. Despite my fear, I had a perfectly healthy child at 5:58 p.m.. My health, however, was a different story. Due to my high blood pressure, I was in recovery about three times longer than usual until it lowered. Once I finally got out of the recovery room, I went to an ICU-type room where I was all alone for the night because visitors weren't allowed. It was almost 14 hours after delivering Piper that I was able to hold her.

Do you see that red spot on her left eye?...She still has that.
Three years really have gone by in a flash. We have been through so much, and she is my world, my rock, my legacy, my biggest crush and my greatest success.
Happy Happy 3rd Birthday sweet Piper!! Have a terrific day with your Mommy!!
ReplyDeleteHi.. I'm a new reader, but I had to comment on your cutie! What a great pic!
ReplyDelete