It has been 40 days since my life has been turned upside down. I have been on an absolute roller coaster of emotions since then, and I am exhausted. But I heard an awesome sermon on Sunday morning that has changed my perspective. In a nutshell, we learned that we sometimes we go through spiritual "dry spells" in order to gain strength.
I find it ironic that it has been 40 days for me, and tomorrow is the start of Lent, which is 40 days.
I am sitting in the desert, but the Lord does not leave me thirsty nor hungry. And I will continue to pray during this "dry spell" of mine.
I'm sorry you are going through this right now. You guys are still in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great sermon! I do believe that sometimes we take so much for granted, and the hard times help us to appreciate the great ones.