Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hope and Faith

I have been struggling with some things spiritually lately. Without going into detail, I have been wondering if I am really following in the path the Lord has set before me. I don't want to sit here and complain about my life, because I am one of the luckiest people I know. I have a healthy, beautiful daughter, wonderful parents, my health, a job, and a good husband, but sometimes I wonder why things don't happen the way I think they will. And I find that if I think about this too much, I feel like my head is going to explode. God's will is something I can't imagine. I can't sit here and guess what he has in store for me, because I know it's more than I can imagine. I am reminded of the verse Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." But I won't lie, patience is something that is hard for me and it is something I pray for everyday. Lastly, I love the song "Hope Now" by Addison Road, and the other day it came on the radio, and I sang all the words, without knowing that I knew them that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment